shop8admin, December 30, 2017
Two editions ago we have discussed how to access Ubuntu from Windows 8. The technique does not necessarily mean that you can access the folder dibagipakaikan Windows 8 on Linux. Well, that ye may be able to access the folders of Windows 8, you should try this tutorial.
Configuration Workgroup Computers in the same
1. Make the same Workgroup. Go to the Start screen, type “System”, click Settings, and then click the System icon on the left side. Click the “Change Settings” on computers using the Windows 8 operating system.
2. In the System Properties window go to the Computer Name tab and see the workgroup name there. Comparing with the existing workgroup name information in Linux. If the same, you can jump straight to step 4. If different, follow the first 3 steps.
3. Click the “Change” is in the Computer Name tab. After that, in the Computer Name Changes window, click the Workgroup menu in the box if the Member in the column below, the contents of the same name with a Linux workgroup. Press “OK” to save changes. When prompted, restart the PC in order to connect with the new workgroup.
Configuring Windows PC to be shared
T04-435-Windows8-gb20Bagipakaikan files as usual. Start Windows Explorer, and browse the folder name you want dibagipakaikan. Right-click the folder, select “Share with> Homegroup (view)” to provide read-only access or “Share with> Homegroup (view and edit)” to provide read and write access.
Access Folders from Linux
In this example we will use Ubuntu as an example. To access the folder via the Ubuntu dibagipakaikan, there are two ways that can be used. You can access the network via a network connection directly to the browser or Windows PC. This she steps details.
Option A: Access via the Network Browser
1. Click the Places menu> Network on your desktop.
2. When Network File Browser window appears, double-click the Windows Network icon on the list.
3. List of networks will appear next computer operating system Windows detected by Linux. Double-click the line with the name of the workgroup that you created in step 1.
4. Finally, double-click the name of your computer operating system Windows 8. Earlier dibagipakaikan folder will appear and can be accessed as usual.
Option B: Direct Connection to Windows
1. From the desktop, click the “Places> Connect to Server”.
2. Will munncul Connect to server window on the screen. You are asked to fill in a few questions about the membagipakaikan file server.
3. To get the right information, turn to your Windows PC. After that, right-click the folder that dibagipakaikan, click “Properties” and click the “Sharing” tab. Record the name of the folder sharing and its Network Path.
4. Now, turning back to Linux. Enter the following information in the Connect to Server window:
• Service type: Windows share;
• Server: WINDOWS-PC (filled with computer name);
• Share: / Users / name / Desktop (the path of the folder in bagipakaikan. Signs backslash (\) is replaced with a slash (/));
• Folder: shared (folder name dibagipakaikan).
5. Give a check mark in front of the option “Add Bookmark” and give the Bookmark name to any name that allows you to remember the name of the folder and file locations dibagipakaikan.
6. Click “Connect”. Window that contains folders dibagipakaikan in Windows 8 will appear automatically. At other times, you’ll be able to access the same folder quickly by simply clicking on the Places menu bookmarking it.